Saturday, 14 July 2012

Moving on... Migrating Coyopa blogs...

I'm a newcomer to this Blogger way of doing things. There's a lot that I like about it, but there's quite a bit that I don't. It all works as it should (so long as you interpret 'all' in a strict Blogger style) but there's something missing for me. Maybe it's the editor (which I hear is much better than it used to be) but I think it might be something just a bit more problematic with Google itself. It wants everything to be integrated into it, one-profile-across-the-nation style. Just as facebook is trying to become an internet within the internet (presumably in the hope that the internet outside facebook will one day atrophy and fall off, leaving facebook as the Greatest of Them All.) I don't know. There are a few fiddly things that are too technical and boring to go into, too, but the long and the short of it is that I'm migrating again, like a flighty buffalo or an indecisive tern.

The reason I came over here was, well, mostly because Rima's here, to be honest, but also because it seemed like the natural place to be, what with having a gmail account and all. The original Coyopa site (still in need of a major paint job and refit, to reflect what I'm up to in terms of writery and storytellings) was made of Wordpress (my domain, with Wordpress installed manually) and, to tell you the truth, I just prefer the feel of that way of doing things.

So....

There we have it. I've shifted everything over to a new Wordpress blog (posts and comments and all), imported all the old stuff from the Coyopa site, have started the process of weedling through the slightly mangled results and now, ladies and gentlemen, after all that waffle and daub, I can present to you, the new, the improved, the one-of-several (but not for long)...


Wooh. Click the link.

Or, if you prefer, to end here as we began:



I'll leave this one here for now, but comments are now closed and there'll just be a skeleton crew kicking about and shaking their bones. All the fun and games are happening over there - let me know if it works for you. Ta-ra for now.